TS796, in RAF markings, was one of the batch of 25 built for joint RAF/BOAC operation. It was delivered in October 1945 and became G-AGNT.
One of five Yorks delivered to Flota Aerea Mercante Argentina (FAMA), LV-XGO later became LV-AFY. In 1950 this York returned to the UK and was registered G-AMGM.
The Avro York Commercial Airliner (four 1,620 h.p. Rolls-Royce Merlin 24 engines).
BOAC’s G-AGNU at Heathrow while being operated by South African Airways and named Impala.
BOAC’s Avro 685 York G-AGNN Madras. Allocated the RAF serial TS791, this York was finally withdrawn from use in 1957.
BSAA's G-AHFA Star Dale refuelling at Lisbon.
G-AGNV in later BOAC livery. It is seen at Heathrow with one of the airline's Handley Page Hermes 4s beyond.
BOAC’s first York, G-AGJA, in wartime camouflage.
TMA’s freighter OD-ACE at Beirut.
BOAC’s G-AGNP Manchester in an early livery.
G-AGNV taking on elephants at Karachi in December 1951 after conversion to freighter with double loading doors.
This view of the interior of BSAA's G-AHEW shows the generous headroom in the York.
The cabin of a BOAC mixed cargo/passenger York after being converted to all-passenger layout with 21 seats.
KEITH WOODCOCK’S painting shows one of the Avro Yorks operated by Middle East Airlines.