The prototype D.H.34, G-EBBQ, in the all-red colour scheme of Daimler Hire Ltd.
The D.H.34 G-EBBQ carried nine passengers and is painted in the scarlet colours of Daimler Hire Ltd. Types was powered with the 450 h.p. Napier Lion.
Instone Airline's D.H.34, G-EBBR, seen at Croydon. This aircraft later passed to Imperial Airways and was destroyed in a take-off crash at Ostend.
D.H.34B G-EBBT climbs out of Stag Lane Aerodrome in June 1925. The standard D.H.34 had a stalling speed of 63 m.p.h., making precautionary landings in small fields extremely difficult. All D.H.34s were powered by a single 450 h.p. Napier Lion, which gave the aircraft a cruising speed of 105 m.p.h. Range was 365 miles.
View of Imperial Airways' D.H.34B G-EBBT, taken at Stag Lane in June 1925. This aircraft was fitted with larger wings, giving an increase of 47sq ft in wing area, after an accident near Kenley in February 1924.
Seen in the dual markings of Imperial Airways, under tail, and Instone Airlines is G-EBBT, later converted to D.H.34B standard.
Daimler Hire's D.H.34 G-EBBS, seen during happier days.
The mournful sight that greeted the Ivinghoe villagers the morning after D.H.34 G-EBBS crashed in a nearby field.
Views of the crashed remains of Daimler Hire’s D.H.34 G-EBBS near Ivinghoe village.
A final look at the wreckage of G-EBBS
Note the solitary wicker chair in the bottom picture; no safety belts in those days. None of those aboard survived.