The first production Hind, K4636, which flew on 4th September 1935
Hinds K6644, K5382 and K5442 of No. 49 Squadron during 1937 Air Defence Exercises. Greyhound on fin comes from No. 49's badge
First squadron to receive Hinds was No. 21 at Bircham Newton in December 1935 - K5373 illustrated
Bombing practice by No. 40 Squadron Hind K5426
K6689, a late series Hind
Yellow-painted dual-control Hind Trainer L7226 was one of 124 converted from bombers by General Aircraft Ltd.
One of four Kestrel V-powered Hinds built for the Portuguese Air Force, shown carrying two 230-lb. bombs
The sole Swiss Hind, HB-HAL, which was acquired in 1936 for evaluation by the Swiss Air Force. Powered by a Kestrel V, it was similar to R.A.F. machines but did not find favour
Last of three Hinds for the Yugoslav A.F., with Gnome-Rhone K-9 Mistral engine
Last of three Bristol Mercury IX-powered Hind dual-control trainers produced for the Latvian Air Force, serial 178
The first of thirty-five Persian (Iranian) Hinds, serial 601, seen at Brooklands where it made its first flight on 28th April 1938. This version was powered by the Bristol Mercury VIII. Several Persian Hinds were still flying in the late 1940s
The prototype Hardy, K3013, a converted Hart, first flew on 7th September 1934. Note underwing supply containers, and message pick-up hook
Hardy K4313 serving with No. 6 Squadron in Palestine in 1939. Note low-pressure tyres fitted for operation from rough strips.
First squadron to receive the Hardy was No. 30 at Mosul, Iraq, early in 1935. These three aircraft, wearing No. 30's palm tree insignia on their fins, were among the first produced - K4054, K4051 and K4052. K4054 was written off in March 1938 but the other two were passed on later that year to No. 6 Squadron in Palestine
Patches on the fuselage of this No. 6 Squadron Hardy cover bullet holes caused by Arab rifle fire from the ground