Air Pictorial 1977-09
-
While in Seoul, South Korea, earlier this year Brian G. Nichols photographed this aircraft, part of a permanent exhibition just outside the city - Antonov An-2 "18132", apparently ex-Chinese A.F. Perhaps some other reader knows its origin ?
While in Seoul, South Korea, earlier this year Brian G. Nichols photographed this aircraft, part of a permanent exhibition just outside the city - MiG-15 "239" which was captured intact from the North Koreans.
Bf.109E-4B
Left W/Cdr. Arthur, Officer Commanding No. 431 M.U. (centre right), with the team that brought D.H.9A F1010 home from Poland. The aircraft is to be preserved by the R.A.F. Museum, Hendon
Four of seven Bell 206B JetRangers recently delivered to Hydro-Quebec, Canada, for work on the James Bay hydro-electric development project
Photographed at the Greenham Common Tattoo, P-51D Mustang l-BILL visited Gatwick on 26/6/77 and Stansted on 2/7/77 before its crash at Mainz, West Germany, on 3/7/77
On 24th June 1977 the North American Harvard was retired from the R.N.Z.A.F. after 36 years service. Photo: W/Cdr. Don McAllister, O.C. Flying Training Wing, makes a low pass in Harvard NZ1015
On 24th June 1977 the North American Harvard was retired from the R.N.Z.A.F. after 36 years service. Photo: Line-up of 18 Harvards at Wigram, of which 17 took part in a farewell flypast
No 6 Squadron, RAF., on parade at Ramleh, Palestine, for the presentation of the squadron crest by the Governor General, Sir John Dill, in 1938 Note the Hart (K4474, left) and Hardy as the squadron was in the process of converting at that time. Navigation lights are visible on the Hardy; there were no electrics on the Hart
HC-47C Chinook 74-22281 of the US Army's 180th Aviation Company visited Woolsington from 19 to 22/7/77, only a small flag on the "fin" giving any due as to its owner
Bristow's Puma G-BERG at Newcastle 17/7/77 on delivery Redhill-Dyce. G-BERH followed on 26/7/77
Four-fifth scale S.E.5A G-BDWJ on its trailer at Sywell 2/7/77;
Owned by H.R.H Prince Talan of Saudi Arabia, Fairchild FH-27 HZ-TA2, named "Sara", was at Air Anglia's Norwich engineering base on 17/7/77
First of four A300B-4 Airbuses for Thai Airways International, in temporary marks F-WNDC, will be delivered next month
Эскадрилья №27. К эксплуатации новейших самолетов Vulcan B.Mk 2 часть приступила после переформирования 1 апреля 1961 года. До вооружения ракетами Blue Steel экипажи отрабатывали высотное бомбометание. 29 марта 1972 года часть расформировали, но 1 ноября 1973 года сформировали вновь в том же авиакрыле в Скэмтоне. На вооружение поступили морские разведчики Vulcan B.Mk 2MRR (фото). Эти самолеты в полетах на разведку взаимодействовали с заправщиками Victor SR. Mk 2 из 543-й эскадрильи, дислоцированной в Вайтоне. Разведчики B.Mk 2MRR оставались на вооружении 27-й эскадрильи вплоть до ее окончательного расформирования. Эмблема эскадрильи в виде слона появилась еще в 1915 году, когда на вооружении состояли истребители Martinsyde G. 100, в период с 1920 no 1946 год эскадрилья базировалась в Индии.
Avro Vulcan SR.2 XH534 of No. 27 Squadron, R.A.F. Scampton, Lincs., on patrol over the North Sea
First of nine new McDonnell Douglas DC-9-50s, N991EA, in silver/blue livery, was delivered to Eastern Airlines on 13th July 1977. It is Eastern's 82nd - largest DC-9 fleet in the world
No 6 Squadron, RAF., on parade at Ramleh, Palestine, for the presentation of the squadron crest by the Governor General, Sir John Dill, in 1938 Note the Hart (K4474, left) and Hardy as the squadron was in the process of converting at that time. Navigation lights are visible on the Hardy; there were no electrics on the Hart
Upturned Hardy K4312 at Haifa in 1938, as result of a tyre being punctured by Arab rifle fire. Photos from S/Ldr. V. Buckman
Personalised Stampe SV-4B G-OODE, ex G-AZNN, flying at Henlow 9/7/77;
Percival Gull Six HB-OFU back on British soil at the Sywell PFA Rally 2/7/77
Oldham Aviation's new Baron B58, G-BESA, at Elstree;
Aerospatiale AS.350B Ecureuil F-WZAL landing at Butler's Wharf, on the Thames, during its first U.K. demonstration on 4th July 1977 by distributors McAlpine Helicopters Ltd.
ВВС ЮАР были единственным, кроме британских ВВС, эксплуатантом Shackleton - восемь машин Mk 3 в 1957 году поступили в 35-ю эскадрилью, летавшую до того на Neptune. По ряду причин, преимущественно политических (было введено эмбарго), самолеты эксплуатировались бессменно в течение 27 лет. В 1984 году они были сняты с вооружения, на их место пришли самолеты MR Dakota, прозванные "Dakleton".
South African Air Force Avro Shackleton MR.3s 1719, 1720 and 1723 of No. 35 Squadron, D.F. Malan Airport, Cape Town, photographed near their base by L.J.Vosloo from an Albatross. Last month the S.A.A.F. Shackletons celebrated their 20th anniversary; the first of eight was delivered on 18th August 1957. Seven remain in service and have recently undergone an extensive re-sparring and refurbishing programme
The first Sikorsky S-72 RSRA has now had two General Electric TF-34 engines and a 45-ft-span variable-incidence wing added and will shortly start tests as a compound helicopter
United Biscuits' Beech Super King Air 200 G-HLUB (a type rarely seen in British marks) during a visit to Newcastle 17/6/77
Also at Norwich on the same day was Gulfstream I N91JR, which had arrived on 14/7/77 with a cargo of explosives and detonators
First two of four Swearingen Merlin IIIAs lor the Argentine Army, AE-176 and AE-177 were delivered in July. Also to be delivered shortly are two Merlin IVAs for the Argentine A F
The Norge C, provisionally registered LN-14, with its owner-builder. Mr. Finn Petter Berg, at Fornebu in 1960
The same aircraft, now LN-BWD, at Lillokilen in August 1970
First Vickers-Slingsby T61E Venture Mk.2 for the Air Cadets, XZ550 was exhibited at R.A.F. Finningley during the Queen's Silver Jubilee Review of the R A.F. on 29th July 1977
Quarter-scale model of a 41-ft -span X-wing aircraft developed by Lockheed from an idea conceived by Professor Ian Cheeseman of Britain. Lockheed have recently been awarded a U.S. Government contract to build and ground-test a full-scale 25-ft.-dia. X-wing machine. From take-off to about 230 m.p.h. the wing rotates: it is then locked as a fixed aerofoil for speeds up to approx. 600 m.p.h.
Model of the Grumman Design 698 V/STOL shipborne aircraft demonstrating translation from forward to vertical flight
The last surviving Spartan Arrow, G-ABWP (105 h.p. Cirrus Hermes II), flying at the Sywell PFA Rally 2/7/77 piloted by Carl Butler. Over an 8 1/2-year period the engine was completely reconditioned by the Arrow's owner, Raymond Blain, and the airframe rebuilt by the M.P.M. Group led by Roy Mills who finally delivered it from Booker to Long Marston on 1st August 1976