Sea Hawks of 801 Squadron, aboard HMS Bulwark in the Caribbean, 1958, fire their cartridge starters.
The unpainted VP401 immediately after roll out at Langley in 1947.
A view of the first P.1040, VP401, which displays the "pen nib” jet efflux fairings.
The second N.7/46, VP422, which was used for preliminary service evaluation in 1950.
The second navalised prototype N.7/46, VP422, made its maiden flight in October 1949. It had a lengthened arrester hook, drop-tank pick-up points and provision for RATOG. Note the gun ports in the nose.
The second production aircraft made carrier trials on HMS Eagle with WF145.
The first three production Sea Hawk F 1s WF144, WF143 and WF145.
Sea Hawk FB 3 WM916 of 806 Squadron catches one of HMS Centaur’s arrester wires.
A fine shot of FGA 4 WV799 of 804 Squadron touching down on HMS Eagle in May 1955.
Sea Hawk FGA 4 WV840 is seen with a pair of underwing drop tanks fitted with refuelling probes. The flight refuelling trials, made in 1957, proved unsuccessful.
All-black FGA 6 XE339 of the Fleet Requirements Unit at Hum. These aircraft were operated by Airwork Ltd on behalf of the RN.
P. M. R. Walton of Armstrong Whitworth poses his FGA 6, fitted with an assortment of stores, during the 1956 SBAC display.
FGA 6 WV854 of 803 Squadron, above, fires off its rocket projectiles, having already released two 500lb bombs.
One of the Indian Navy FGA 6s, IN 157 of INAS 300, aboard INS Vikrant.
A trio of high-finned Sea Hawk Mk 100s from the first batch for the West German Navy.
Armstrong Whitworth (Hawker) Sea Hawk F.Mk.1 of No.806 Squadron aboard HMS Eagle, 1954
The second Hawker P.1052, VX279, a swept-wing development of the P.1040 which was considered by some to be more deserving of a production contract.