The 1940s-vintage air terminal at Ilopango Airport that was the nation’s national and international gateway until 1970. This rather weary Douglas A-26 Invader is one of the larger exhibits at the museum.
Used and donated by Mr F.E. Thompson, a local businessman, Bellanca 14-13 Cruisair Senior YS-64P (c/n 1626) retains its original 150 h.p. Franklin 6A4-335-B3 engine, which allowed a very respectable cruising speed of 150 m.p.h. The type made its first flight on November 13, 1945, and some 600 were ultimately built.