Jane's Encyclopedia of Aviation
Armstrong Whitworth F.K.10 (UK)
Eight two-seat fighting or light bombing F.K.10 quadruplanes were built for the RNAS and delivered in 1917. Powered by 82 kW (110 hp) Le Rhone or 97 kW (130 hp) Clerget radial engines. The pilot sat forward of the wings and the rear gunner aft.
This F.K.10 (N511) was the first of two fighter-reconnaissance aircraft of this type built for the RNAS by the Phoenix Dynamo Manufacturing Company.
Armstrong Whitworth F.K.10.
Armstrong Whitworth aircraft: The upper picture shows two A.W. "Quads," which were single-seater fighters. The wing arrangement was intended to give a good view for the pilot. The wings were heavily staggered.
The standard Clerget-engined F.K.10 as built by Angus Sanderson & Company.