At the end of the First World War many aircraft manufacturers had high hopes of launching successful civil aircraft to sustain their business, but the glut of cheap war-surplus machines thwarted their plans. One victim was the Grahame-White Aviation Company’s G.W.E.6 Bantam, a single-seat sporting biplane designed by M. Boudot and powered by an 80 h.p. le Rhone rotary engine. Three were built, the first being K150, seen here at Hendon in 1919, where it met its end when it crashed into a hangar on July 6 that year. The Graham White Bantam (K150) was an experimental light plane designed by M. E. Bondot and built in 1919. Powered by an 80-h.p Le Rhone rotary, the Bantam had a maximum speed of 102 m.p.h. for an a.u.w. of 995 lb. Stall 40 m.p.h., duration 2 hrs. and empty weight 640 lb. Span 20 ft., length 16 ft. 6 in., and wing area 130 sq. ft.