Flight, January 1929
THE CHICAGO INTERNATIONAL AERONAUTICAL EXPOSITION
The Driggs "Skylark," constructed by the Driggs Aircraft Corp., of Lansing, Mich., is a two-seater (tandem) tractor fuselage biplane with large top plane and small lower plane. The wings
do not fold, but the top plane is in three sections with quick detachable fittings. N.A.C. M.18 (modified) wing section is employed, giving great stability, and the external bracing is by Warren truss. Wing spars are of spruce and the ribs of pressed dural. The fuselage is of welded steel tubing and of good streamline shape. A split undercarriage is provided, but "Edo" floats can also be fitted. The power plant is a 55-60 h.p. "Rover" 4-cyl. in-line inverted air-cooled engine designed by H.E. Morehouse. The principal characteristics of the "Skylark" are Span, 32 ft.; O.A. length, 20 ft.; weight, empty, 665 lbs. (seaplane, 815 lbs.); total weight, 1,115 lbs.; speed range, 42-110 m.p.h.; climb, 900 ft. per min.; ceiling, 20,000 ft.; cruising range, 300 miles.