A Hanriot monoplane of French design, and affectionately known as "Henrietta," was much in evidence at Brooklands in 1912-13. It had a semicircular section boat-built fuselage, and almost the whole of the pilot's body was exposed to the propeller slipstream. To modern ideas the rudder looks somewhat inadequate, but the tailplane was of ample dimensions. Lateral control was by wing warping. The machine did some very hard school work, and was, if we remember right, used by those early birds who styled themselves "Bois Casse Unlimited."