Westland-built N6000, with a Rolls-Royce Eagle VI. It joined 5 Squadron, Riyal Naval Air Service, in July 1917 and was the chosen aircraft of CPO Bartlett DSC. It served until April 17, 1918, when it was destroyed in a forced-landing.
Aircraft Manufacturing Company-built A7624, with an Eagle V, in service with 55 Squadron, Valenciennes, April 1916.
Another Aircraft Manufacturing Company-built DH.4, A7845 was fitted with an Eagle VIII. It joined 2 Squadron, Royal Naval Air Service, in January 1918. It was fitted with a long focal length camera which required fairing to be carried under the gunner/photographer's position. It was withdrawn from service in March 1919.
DH.4 A7459 - Aircraft Manufacturing Company-built - as painted at Bacton, Norfolk, in the summer of 1917. It and A7457 were modified and camouflaged for a project photographic reconnaissance of the Kiel Canal. The sortie never took place. The all-over camouflage was described as sky blue and biscuit.
Early Aircraft Manufacturing Company-built DH.4 A2129, featuring short undercarriage and an Eagle III.
At least one DH.4 was tested on floats for coastal patrol work. The likely identity of this example is A2144, which was built by the Aircraft Manufatcuring Company.
The prototype DH.4 (which became 3696) at Hendon in August 1916. It was powered by a 230hp BHP six-cylinder.