Tony Harold flying the ex-Leisure Sport Sopwith Camel replica on its last outing from White Waltham on May 30, 1982. It is now owned by the FAA Museum at Yeovilton.
The two-seat Camel trainer was introduced after these flying notes were written.
This Camel was probably a unit hack, judging by the garish decoration and lack of armament. The photograph was taken at a training establishment on the South Coast. The serial number on the fin is very faint on the original, but appears to be E1430.
Head-on view of the Clerget-engined Camel, showing the flat top wing and the 54° lower dihedral.
Возможно, первый истребитель союзников Sopwith Camel был вершиной развития истребителей того времени. Их было построено около 5450.
This view of an F.1 Camel shows the concentration of pilot, engine and armament around the centre of gravity. With all the heavy bits near the middle, the aircraft was highly manoeuvrable.
Sopwith Camel F6456 was flown extensively on trials at RAE Farnborough. This picture, taken in March 1923, shows the aircraft with auxiliary mid-bay flying wires.
The performance of the Camel was dependent on correct rigging; the diagram comes from the official Rigging Notes for the Sopwith Biplane F.1, 130 h.p. Clerget engine.