Aviation Historian 09
-
P.Davidson - Off the Beaten Track...
Canberra B.20 A84-238 made its first flight on October 25, 1956, and was delivered to No 2 Sqn RAAF on November 9 the same year. After service in Vietnam it returned to Australia in February 1971 and continued to serve until 1985 when it was retired. It is now in poor condition on a frame, with the rear fuselage of A84-233, and bears the name Nilsson.
Canberra A84-248 (with rear fuselage of A84-230) in a field beside A84-238. To see the pair from above, put co-ordinates S27-671313, E152-68958 into the ‘‘Fly to" box in Google Earth.