Junkers. Самолеты 1920-х годов
В 1923 году первый полет выполнил низкоплан A 20 с аэродинамически чистыми обводами планера и с экипажем из двух человек, которые размещались в открытой кабине тандемом. Самолет A 20 предназначался для перевозки грузов и почты, его запустили в серию после получения разрешения Контрольной комиссии союзников.
Flight, June 1924
THE THIRD INTERNATIONAL AERO SHOW AT PRAGUE
THE GERMAN EXHIBITS
The type "A" exhibited is a two-seater twin-float seaplane, of usual Junkers construction. The wing is placed low as in the "F" type, but is of much thinner section. The engine is a 160 h.p. Mercedes. The machine is illustrated by a photograph, and does not appear to call for comment. The undercarriage structure supporting the two floats is a somewhat complicated affair, and must offer a considerable amount of resistance. The type "A" has a span of 15-1 m. (49 ft. 6 ins.) and an overall length of 8-4 m. (27 ft. 6 ins.). The wing area is 28 sq. m. (302 sq. ft.) and the total loaded weight is 1,500 kgs. (3,300 lbs.). The machine is stated to have a maximum speed of 170 kms./h. (106 m.p.h.).
Flight, July 1926
THE GERMAN SEAPLANE COMPETITION
Many British Engines Used
No. 16, the Junkers A.20, has been entered by the Severa Co. of Berlin, and is, like the W.33 and W.34, a twin-float seaplane of the low-wing monoplane type, of standard Junkers, construction. No data relating to this machine are available, beyond the fact that the engine is a Junkers L.5 of 310 h.p.
Гидросамолет Ю-20 ВВС Черноморского флота, который базировался на крейсере «Червона Украiна»
Самолет-разведчик Ю-20, выпускаемый в СССР на концессионном предприятии Юнкерса в Филях
The first J 20 was made available in Leningrad in November 1923 to be tested by the Soviets.
The Junkers type "A" twin-float seaplane. The machine exhibited had a slightly different nose radiator.
In August 1925 famous Soviet pilot B G Chukhnovsky attracted a great deal of attention when he flew a J 20 to Novaya Zemlya in support of an Arctic hydrographical expedition.
Корабельный поплавковый разведчик Ю-20
J 20 floatplanes were used by the 1st and 2nd Detached Naval Reconnaissance Squadrons based near Leningrad.
Самолет Ю-20 во время имитации газовой атаки
Fili aircraft production consisted mainly of the assembly of parts and subassemblies made at Dessau in Germany. Work on 20 J 20 floatplanes for the Soviet Air Force started in the autumn of 1923.
A newly-completed and painted J 20 hauled out from the factory on a special temporary transportation 'undercarriage' for the photographer. Floats were fitted later.
The first J 20 tests with skis were made at Fili in February 1924. The tripod crash-bar' protector seems to have been fitted specifically for the occasion.