Avro Lancaster III SW342 is seen with an Armstrong Siddeley Mamba in the nose, surrounded by an icing spray rig, and the 1,050lb s.t. Adder in its tail.
Lancaster prototype BT308/G with a Metropolitan-Vickers F.2/1 axial flow gas turbine in the tail and a large dorsal intake.
Lancaster II LL735 with a Metrovick F.2/4 Beryl in its tail, Bitteswell, December 1947.
Another shot of Lancaster SW342 with the dual Mamba/Adder installations.
One of the earliest jet engine test installations was this one in the bomb bay of Lancaster VI ND784.
Lancaster ND784/G with four 1,750 h.p. Merlin 85s and an Armstrong Siddeley Mamba in the nose
Lancaster ND784/G with four 1,750 h.p. Merlin 85s and an Armstrong Siddeley Mamba in the nose, seen in close-up.
Lancaster III TW911 with 3,670 h.p. Python 1 Turboprops outboard and two 1,610 h.p. Merlin 24s inboard.
Lincoln B2 RF403 with a pair of Pythons in its outboard nacelles
One Lincoln with a brace of Bristol Theseus turboprops was RE339. It had previously been fitted with Pythons.
Avro Lincoln RE418 was another of the three to have a pair of Bristol Theseus turboprops in its outboard nacelles. It was loaned to Transport Command for scheduled services from May 1948.
Lincoln SX972 was converted in June 1949 with two 3,200 h.p. Bristol Proteus turboprops in the outer nacelles.
In 1947 D.Napier and Son Ltd at Luton equipped Lincoln RA643 with a Bristol Phoebus turbojet in its bomb bay.
Lancastrian VM733 with Armstrong Siddeley Sapphires in the outboard nacelles.