Today preserved in the R.A.F. Museum at Hendon, Hawker Hart G-ABMR is shown here in the 1960s when it had been painted to represent an aircraft ol No. 57 Squadron and restored to flying condition
Hart G-ABMR, Hawker's demonstrator, was restored to airworthy condition and painted in No. 57 Squadron colours after W.W.II. Since donated to the R.A.F. Museum, Hendon, where it now resides
Another "atmospheric" formation shot of Harts, provided by No. 57 Squadron
A Hart (India), probably K2088, of No 39 Squadron, then based at Risalpur, flying over Gilgit on the North-West Frontier in October 1933
First R.A.F. squadron to receive the Hart, in January 1930, was No. 33 at Eastchurch. K1430 in the foreground has a camera gun mounted on its lower port wing
Also operating from Risalpur at the time was No 11 Squadron whose Hart (India) K2104 is shown in the mountains north of Amritsar and equipped with underwing supply panniers
The first of four Pegasus-engined Harts built by Hawker's for the Swedish A.F. The type was later built under licence in Sweden, forty-two further aircraft being completed
Harts of No 601 (County of London) Squadron. Note 'Flying Sword" tin badge
The Hart prototype, J9052, made its first flight in June 1928 at Brooklands; part of the embanked motor-racing track can be seen behind the tail.
J9052 was later given folding wings to meet Naval Specification O.22/26
No 6 Squadron Hans K4483, '4471 and '4469 off the coast of Palestine
Wartime shot of Hawker's Hart G-ABMR in use as a ferry and photographic aircraft - John Yoxall in rear cockpit
Harts (India) serving with an F.T.S. at Ambala in 1941. Note yellow-ringed fuselage roundels
Harts of No. 15 Squadron rehearsing for the 1935 Hendon Air Pageant. K3960, (foreground), was one of a batch built by Armstrong-Whitworth
Immaculate line-abreast vic formation flying by the pilots of No. 3 F.T.S. in their Hart (T) Series 2As; nearest aircraft are K5785, '5040, and ’5047
The prototype Hart Trainer, K1996, which first flow on 29th April 1932. It was actually the second production Audax modified
Hart K2434 was used as a testbed for the Napier Dagger engine which was later to power the Hector
Yellow-painted Hart Trainer K5892 of No. 10 F.T.S. in 1939
Pegasus-powered Hart K3012 with canopy was tested in Canada on skis as well as wheels
HAWKER PEGASUS HART. One of the radial-motor versions of the famous Hawker Hart family of the 1930s was the Pegasus Hart sometimes referred to as the "Swedish Hart" because it was licence-built in Sweden for Flygvapnet - the Royal Swedish Air Force.
G-ABTN (constructor's number H.H.3) was used both as a demonstrator and an engine test-bed. First with a Bristol Jupiter and later with the 625-h.p. Bristol Pegasus I.M.2 which gave a maximum speed of 177 m.p.h. and a service ceiling of 22,500 ft. for a loaded weight of 4,852 lb. (empty weight, 2,937 lb.). This photograph was taken at Brooklands in 1932. Later G-ABTN left Heston on 27th November 1932 for the Paris Aero Show. Returning three days later 'BTN met a watery end in the English Channel.
Hawker Hart (Reproduced from original drawings issued by the Technical Library, Hawker Aircraft Ltd.)
Produced for the S.A.A.F. the Hartbees was a close-support derivative with armour protection for the crew. "804" was one of four built by Hawker's and 65 more were completed in South Africa