The Boulton & Paul P.64 in original form, at Mousehold. The Handley Page slats can be seen open.
The P.64 after having fins fitted to the tailplane.
This view of the Boulton & Paul P.64 shows its clean lines in spite of strut- and wire-bracing.
The P.64 on a test flight, with the original tail unit.
G-ACOY on test near Norwich.
G-ACOY. the second P.71A, at Norwich before delivery. It joined Imperial Airways at Croydon in February 1935.
Head-on, the Boulton Paul feeder-line machine is very clean indeed, despite the fact that it is a biplane. An engine-driven electrical generator would make it even cleaner.
The flight deck of one of the P.71As. The light-coloured placard to the right of the control wheel is the patents plate.
The passenger cabin of a P.71A, looking aft. The rear seat is folded, thus exposing the lifejacket container.
One of the P.71As arranged as an ambulance, view looking aft.
Boadicea, first of the two Imperial Airways Boulton & Paul P.71As.