E.15-16 of 41 Grupo about to land at Valenzuela, August 1981.
Two-ship formation of Manises-based 101 Escuadron.
At Valenzuela in May 1972, E.15-37, one of the four assigned to 131 Escuadron, the last Sabre-equipped EdA unit. Devoid of the nose black hand, it does sport the tiger’s badge in the rear fuselage.
High over Extremadura, E.15-16 in pristine condition, revealing a recent overhaul. Readily discernible are the undernose antennae of the AN/ARN-21 TACAN equipment.
An Ala de Caza 3 T-33A - a rare image. The unit had three on strength for almost a year.
E.15-34, in Ala de Caza 1 markings, remained at Manises for many years. It is believed to have been assigned to the unit's 11 Escuadron (red nose-band).
Pictured at San Pablo (Sevilla) during an open day held very likely in the summer of 1965, E.15-35 sports unusual unit markings (including orange nose band and a version of the Ala de Caza 5 badge) of the so-called 157 Escuadron de Servicios (157th Service Squadron). The real task of this unit remains unknown to the authors.
Ready to take off from Son San Juan, E.15-59 sporting the colours of the fet School's 731 Escuadron. The photo might have been taken shortly after delivery to the EdA as denoted by the traces of the nose lettering and rear fuselage USAF markings. The pod beneath the midfuselage served as a baggage carrier.
High over the Guadiana River, E.15-12 during a high-g manoeuvre. Note early EdA and Jet School markings.
Several E.15s began operations carrying nonstandard markings, including E.15-17 which arrived in Spain in March 1955.
The refurbishing line at CASA-Sevilla with one of the E.15s sporting unit markings in the '73-6X' range, 73-67 in this case. Photographs of machines carrying these unusual codes are extremely rare even though they were operated at Talavera for more than a year.
Examples of the second batch of T-33s received by the EdA, probably on the Talavera ramp. These aircraft don’t seem to have ever carried USAF markings other than the tail serial number.
E.15-36 of Ala de Caza 4. Note the lack of tail cross, unofficial position of fuselage roundels and lack of wingtip tanks. The nose-band was medium green.
E.15-25 showing the markings carried by Jet School aircraft early in 1959. The 'E' had just disappeared from the fuselage unit code. Scarcity of stencilled instructions is readily discernible.
Four of the first six T-33s arrived in Talavera on March 24, 1954 are seen here. Note the 'Mary Margaret' legend on the first example 51-17540, later E.15-3.
On May 2, 1954 six T-33As arrived on board the cargo ship 'Kingsport Victory' at Barcelona port, from where they were trucked to the city's airport.