Aeroplane Monthly 1976-06
-
Two Phantoms of 892 Squadron and a Buccaneer of 809, all from HMS Ark Royal, in formation with a trio of A-7 Corsairs and a Skyhawk of the US Navy, during the carrier’s visit to Mayport, USA, in April 1976.
Two Phantoms of 892 Squadron and a Buccaneer of 809, all from HMS Ark Royal, in formation with a trio of A-7 Corsairs and a Skyhawk of the US Navy, during the carrier’s visit to Mayport, USA, in April 1976.
Messerschmitt Bf 109E-3
Supermarine Spitfire VBs No 72 (Basutoland) Squadron 1942
Panavia Tornado P.07.
Two Phantoms of 892 Squadron and a Buccaneer of 809, all from HMS Ark Royal, in formation with a trio of A-7 Corsairs and a Skyhawk of the US Navy, during the carrier’s visit to Mayport, USA, in April 1976.
Picture portraits the short-lived Gloster Meteor IV G-AIDC.
Ormond Haydon-Haillie has added a third Lockheed T-33, N12420, to his collection at Duxford.
A Boeing P-26A pursuit aircraft of the United States Army Air Corps over mountainous terrain in the mid-1950s;
Martin B-26B Marauder "Dee-Feater”, belonging to the 597th Squadron of the 397th Bomb Group, based at Rivenhall, Essex, was photographed during World War Two by Charles E. Brown. The Group became operational in April 1944.
Avro Type 631 Cadet EI-ALP made its first flight on March 21, 1976, after seven years restoration work by its owner, J. C. O’Loughlin, at Wexford Airfield. It was still awaiting its Certificate of Airworthiness when this picture was taken.
Poland’s PZL-106 Kruk (Crow) agricultural aircraft, making its first Western appearance
The Miles M.20/4 DR616, built to Naval Specification N.1/41.
Avro Shackleton T.4 VP293, below, which began life as an MR.1 a quarter of a century ago, was flown from RAL Farnborough to Auchterarder on May 3 1976 to become part of the Strathallen Collection.
Two Phantoms of 892 Squadron and a Buccaneer of 809, all from HMS Ark Royal, in formation with a trio of A-7 Corsairs and a Skyhawk of the US Navy, during the carrier’s visit to Mayport, USA, in April 1976.
One of three stars of the Hanover Show, held from May 1-9, 1976, was the VFW 614 D-BABl now in Luftwaffe livery and on acceptance testing
Vickers Varsity T.1 WF369 touches down at the disused airfield at Winthorpe, Newark, on April 1, 1976 after flying from RAF Finningley to join the Newark Air Museum. This was its 7,612th landing since it was built in 1951.
A Slingsby Skylark 3G wooden high-performance sailplane, evolved from the smaller Skylark 2.