Aeroplane Monthly 1987-06
-
R.Nicholls - Surplus to Requirements (1)
Halifax A Mk 9 G-ALYM, ex RT772, photographed at Southend in June 1950. Owned by Aviation Traders, 'YM was sold for scrap.
Halifax G-ALVH, ex A Mk 9 RT788, at Southend in April 1950. Delivered initially to 1 Ferry Unit, this aircraft was delivered to the Egyptian Air Force as 1163 in 1950.
Halifax C Mk 8 G-ALBS, ex PP229, photographed at Bovingdon in March 1950. This ex-301 Sqn aircraft went through several ownerships but was never converted. In this picture the Halifax is camouflaged with grey undersurfaces.
Halifax A Mk 9 G-ALYI, ex RT884, at Southend in May 1950, painted black with camouflaged top surfaces.
Halifax A Mk 9 G-ALOR, ex RT888, photographed at Southend Aerodrome in April 1950 after being acquired by Aviation Traders Ltd. As RT888 this Halifax was delivered to 1 Ferry Unit and was with General Aircraft at the time it was struck off RAF charge. It was subsequently sold to the Egyptian Air Force as 1157 and painted black with brown top surfaces.
Halifax A Mk 9 G-ALSK, ex RT832, pictured at Southend in June 1950. This ex-47 Sqn Halifax was never converted for civil use.
Halifax A Mk 9 G-ALUT at Southend in October 1949. As RT924 this Halifax flew with Nos 47 and 297 Sqns.
Halifax A Mk 9 G-ALYN, ex RT762, photographed at Southend in June 1950 and painted black overall with camouflaged top surfaces. Owned by Aviation Traders, this Halifax was never converted and was sold for scrap.
Halifax A Mk 9 G-ALYK, ex RT785, at Southend in June 1950. It was purchased by Aviation Traders but was never converted for civil use.