A fine study of the A-26 Invader at Bassingbourn on May 27, 1978.
Another shot of Euroworld's B-17 Sally B performing at Duxford on June 18, 1978.
Hawker Sea Hawk WV908 flew for the first time after restoration at Culdrose on May 23, 1978. Its original maiden flight was on December 31, 1954, and it served as an FGA.4 with 807 and 898 FAA Squadrons and as an FGA.6 with 806 and 738 Squadrons before retirement on June 29, 1962. It now wears 806 Squadron markings.
Another performer at both Duxford and Old Warden was Martin Barraclough and Tom Storey's Duxford-based de Havilland Dragon Rapide/Dominie G-AGTM/NF875. Our picture was taken on a sortie from Old Warden on June 25, 1978, with Martin in charge.
Tom Storey and Martin Barraclough's beautiful newly-restored Mew Gull G-AEXF made its public debut at Old Warden on June 25, 1978, when it was flown by Brian Smith.
Seen in a typical pose, Philip Meeson's Pitts Special, G-BBOH now sports a new colour scheme and is being sponsored by a prominent brand of cigarette. At Abingdon on June 24/25 he flew it to first place in the British aerobatic championship.
All manufacturing rights and hardware for the fully aerobatic, all-metal Pilatus B-4 sailplane are to be transferred to Nippi, in Japan, owing to capacity shortage at Pilatus’ Stans factory in Switzerland.