Aeroplane Monthly 1974-04
-
The late Jack Canary restored this beautiful Sopwith Snipe. It was originally built in August 1918 and is now part of the Rockcliffe Collection, Ontario.
Built by Ruston Procter & Co of Lincoln in 1918, Sopwith 7.F1 Snipe E6938 was exported to Hollywood for Reginald Denny, the film star, in 1926. After eight years painstaking restoration by the late Jack Canary it was sold to the Canadian War Museum in 1964, and is finished in the markings of No 208 Sqn, RAF. It still flies on special occasions.
Spitfire L.F.Mk.16, SL721, in company with a two-seat P-51D Mustang, N2U2, photographed by Howard Levy. The Spitfire has since returned to England and is now owned by Doug Arnold as G-BAUP.
Spitfire L.F.Mk.16, SL721, in company with a two-seat P-51D Mustang, N2U2, photographed by Howard Levy. The Spitfire has since returned to England and is now owned by Doug Arnold as G-BAUP.
The He70 in the 24ft wind tunnel at Farnborough for drag measurements in the fully-faired condition with all gaps and leaks sealed, and radiator and exhaust pipes removed.
BA Swallow G-AFGE after its crash.