Owned by London Film Productions and flown by Nigel Tangye, G-ADJR, ex J8455, is seen here competing in the Cinque Ports Wakefield Cup Race at Lympne on August 25, 1935. It came 6th, with a speed of 113 1/2 m.p.h.
Bristol Fighter Mk IV G-EBIO photographed during the Speke-Southport-Blackpool-Speke Race on July 1, 1933, in which it came first with Flt Lt D. V. Ivins as pilot, with a speed of 114-1 m.p. h. and a handicap allowance of 6 min 1 sec. G-EBIO was scrapped in 1935.
This silver and black Bristol Fighter, G-ACCG, was photographed at Witney, Oxfordshire on July 31, 1937. It was then owned by M. Marrogordato, who purchased the aircraft from Universal Aircraft Services Ltd in October 1933. G-ACCG was scrapped in July 1939. An interesting snippet from “Flight” of June 20, 1935, mentions that Bristol Fighters could still be bought, new and unused, for "upwards of L100".
Bristol Fighter G-ABYE, ex Bristol-built F4721, was registered in December 1932 to M. Emmett and based at Woodley. In March 1935 G-ABYE was purchased by Universal Aircraft Services Ltd at Witney. The registration was cancelled in April 1938.
Though fully converted, Bristol Fighter G-ACFK was never issued with a certificate of airworthiness and was sold for scrap in May 1936. It is seen here in July 1933.
First Bristol Fighter to appear on the British civil register was G-EASH, ex H1376. It was used as a civil demonstrator by the Aircraft Disposal Co Ltd in 1920-21 and was withdrawn from use in 1921.
Bristol Fighter G-ACFP was first operated by Empire Air Services and was then sold to the Hon Mrs Victor Bruce before being scrapped in January 1938.
Bristol Fighter G-ACPE, ex J8448, was registered in October 1934. It came from the final production batch of machines, which were completed in the first half of 1927 and which were all originally fitted with dual controls instead of observers' armament. It passed through three ownerships before being scrapped in January 1939.
Bristol Fighter, G-ABYT came from the final F.2B production batch, and flew with the RAF as J8434. It is pictured here at Lympne in August 1937 showing the damage it sustained after hitting a fence the previous year