A II Serie P.108B prior to a nocturnal mission. Note the external racks ahead of the bomb-bay.
Four P.108Bs of the 274“ Squadriglia photographed at Decimomannu prior to a nocturnal sortie - rarely were as many as four of the bombers serviceable at anyone time.
Two of a formation of three P.108Bs (photographed from the third aircraft) seen flying over Rome on 28 March 1942. Note the Bruno Mussolini ‘'signature” across the rear fuselage band.
A II Serie P.108B in nocturnal finish seen at Decimomannu. Note deletion of the nose turret front this batch of aircraft.
The sole example of the P.108A photographed after the application of Luftwaffe insignia and prior to ferrying to Germany for trials at the Rechlin Erprobungsstelle. Its ultimate fate is not known with certainty.
The prototype P.108A at the Furbara armament testing station at which ground firing trials of the 102-mm gun were conducted
Piaggio P.108A, originally the prototype of the only four-engined heavy bomber to be used by the Italian Air Force.
The immense 102-mm naval gun for the P.108A mounted on test rig.
Drawings showing the installation of the gun, its recoil system and 50-shell magazine, the last-mentioned being offset to port. The negative installation angle necessitated compilation of new firing tables.
The prototype P.108C commercial transport, the development of which was pursued in parallel with that of the P.108B bomber. The P.108C was intended to be pressurised, but all examples of this type were completed as unpressurised troop transports.
The first P.108T. Both transport variants of the P.108 were utilised by Lufttransportstaffel 5 (which was eventually to become 14./TG 4), some special sorties being flown by the P.108s in collaboration with III/KG 200.