This Frank Wootton painting, titled "Top Cover", was commissioned by the owner of Spitfire IX MJ730, Midlands businessman David Pennell. A limited edition of prints has been produced, signed by the artist and by three pilots who flew the Spitfire whilst it was with No 154 Squadron. The prints retail at £110, and are sold in support of the RAF Benevolent Fund's Battle of Britain Appeal. This Spitfire IX was built in Castle Bromwich in 1943 and first served with 417 Squadron in Italy, then being transferred to 154 Squadron in Corsica in 1944. In July 1946 it was sold to the Italian Air Force and remained in store until 1951, when it was sold to the Israeli Government. From late 1951 until June 1956 it served in Israel with two Operational Training Units. Found on a kibbutz in Israel, it was shipped back to the UK in 1979 for restoration. It was first flown in November 1989 by R-R test pilot David Moore, after restoration by Trent Aero Engineering and has now been re-registered as G-HFIX for David Pennell.