Aeroplane Monthly 1987-04
-
J.Meadows - The Auxiliary Tradition (1)
600 Squadron flew D.H.9A day bombers from October 1925 until August 1929. The unit was based first at Northolt and then at Hendon.
A 600 Squadron Bristol Beaufighter VI dispersed among olive trees in Sicily in 1943, where the unit was engaged upon night defence and intruder missions.
Six 600 Sqn Gloster Meteor IVs in echelon starboard, flying from RAF Thorney Island in June 1950.
The Westland Wapiti IIA replaced 600 Squadron's ageing D.H.9As in August 1929.