The first of six Lockheed TriStar K Mk 1 tankers converted by Marshalls of Cambridge from its original British Airways TriStar 500 configuration to the requirements of the RAF flew for the first time on 9 July 1985.
In 1942, two of the Turkish Spitfire Is were ferried from Abu Sueir to the No 1 Middle East Training School at El Ballah by Flying Officer (as he then was) Neville Duke. At El Ballah, they operated in RAF markings and were issued locally with the serial numbers HK854 and HK856, as illustrated here, left and right respectively.
The "schrage Musik" arrangement of a pair of upward-firing 20-mm MG 151 cannon on a Junkers Ju 88C-6c. The guns fired forward and upward at an angle of 70 deg from the horizontal, and were used with considerable effect against RAF bomber squadrons.