Bell JetRanger, G-BBNG, also operated by Bristow, seen at Redhill.
Viscount G-BBVH, ex ZK-BRD is now owned by Gibraltar Airways.
Cessna A.188B Ag wagon seen at Booker.
Cessna 150 Aerobat G-BACC photographed by Tom Hamill of Flight near Cranfleld.
Yet another demobbed D.H.C.1 Chipmunk, G-BBRK, at Elstree in January 1974. Ex-WD361, it still bears the name of Wg Cdr M. M. Forster, and is registered to Webster Aviation. G-BBRK was originally reserved for an Ambrion Aviation Cessna 414.
Sikorsky S-61N, G-BBHL in new style Bristow livery at Dyce in January 1974.
The single-seat Sopwith Scooter, K-135, bore a marked resemblance to the Sopwith Swallow, and consisted of a Camel fuselage married to a wire-braced parasol wing. Powered by a 130 h.p. Clerget engine giving a maximum speed at 115 m.p.h., it was later re-registered G-EACZ. K-135 first flew at Brooklands in June 1918, and was later sold to Harry Hawker, who used it for aerobatics. After further changes of ownership it passed, in August 1926, into the hands of Dudley Watt who raced it at the Bournemouth and Hendon meetings of that year. The following year the Scooter was sold for scrap.
The Sopwith Gnu, K-101, was the second British civil registered aeroplane and the prototype cabin Gnu. It was powered by a 200 h.p. Bentley B.R.2 rotary engine and built by the Sopwith Aviation Co Ltd, at Kingston. The pilot sat in an open cockpit in front of the two-seat enclosed passenger cabin. Twelve production cabin Gnus followed. K-101 was subsequently re-registered G-EAAH and was finally destroyed by fire after landing on Southport Sands, Lancashire, on June 10, 1919. In this Flight photograph Harry Hawker is flying Miss Daisy King who paid 60 guineas for the privilege.
The two-seat BAT F.K.27, K-143, was designed by Frederick Koolhoven and built by the British Aerial Transport Co Ltd at Willesden in 1919. It was a side-by-side aerobatic and racing variant of the F.K.23 with sesquiplane wings, powered by a 200 h.p. ABC Wasp II engine which gave it a top speed of 142 m.p.h. The F.K.27 made only one flight, at Hendon in January 1920, when it probably sported its new registration, G-EAFA. It was scrapped in 1921. This Flight photograph was taken at Hendon in 1919.