Aeroplane Monthly 1977-03
-
De Havilland Mosquito B (TT)35 RS709, which was used in the filming of Mosquito Squadron in 1968.
De Havilland Comet 4C G-BEEZ, ex SU-ANC, seen at Lasham on December 28, 1976.
Двухместный Firefly с двойным управлением T.Mk 1 разработали в инициативном порядке, но Адмиралтейство вскоре разместило заказ на модернизацию в тренировочный вариант 34 истребителей Mk 1. Еще 54 самолета построили в вооруженном двумя 20-мм пушками тренировочном варианте T.Mk 2. ВМС Голландии эксплуатировали обе модификации (на фотографии T.Mk 1 ВМС Голландии и Великобритании). Близкий вариант с двойным управлением Mk 4/5 поставлялся ВМС Австралии.
A Royal Netherlands Air Force Fairey Firefly T.1 trainer, with an RAF T.1, 22027, keeping it company in the background. The latter was a conversion of an early Mk 1 fighter, hence the shallower front windscreen. The picture was taken by CHARLES E. BROWN early in 1948.
Boeing 747 services from Buenos Aires to Frankfurt, Rome and Madrid were inaugurated by Aerolineas Argentinas on January 1, 1977.
South African Airways first A300 B2K arrived in Johannesburg on November 25, 1976. Four B2Ks have now been delivered, and the type has been introduced on high-density routes from Johannesburg to Cape Town and Durban.
Handley Page Hastings TG517, one of the last four still in RAF service, up from Scampton in November 1976 with Vulcan XL320 for company
One of the Strathallan Aircraft Collection’s latest acquisitions is Fokker S11 Instructor PH-ANK, seen near its new base on its day of arrival, January 7, 1977. It was purchased from Honcoops of Veen Holland, and was flown to Newcastle by Mr Honcoop and collected from there and flown into Strathallan by David Hunter, one of the Collection’s pilots, a few weeks later.
The Wellington T.MK X was the trainer version of the B.Mk X, having its front and rear turrets removed and faired over. Wellington Mk X MF628, preserved at the RAF Museum, Hendon, is the Sole survivor of 11,461 Wellingtons built. Our photographs show LP805 before its last take-off.
The Wellington T.MK X was the trainer version of the B.Mk X, having its front and rear turrets removed and faired over. Wellington Mk X MF628, preserved at the RAF Museum, Hendon, is the Sole survivor of 11,461 Wellingtons built. Our photographs show LP805 after its last take-off.
The Bucker Jungmeister belonging to John Hickman of Beeville, Texas, photographed at Blakesburg in August 1975.
A quartet of OH Devons of the RAE Ferry Flight display their new livery P. Hudson, RAE Bedford
Hanriot H.D.I No 78 on display in the Brussels Air Museum after renovation.
Handley Page Hastings TG517, one of the last four still in RAF service, up from Scampton in November 1976 with Vulcan XL320 for company
Gradually taking shape at Canada’s National Aeronautical Collection at Rockliffe, Ontario, is a Curtiss HS-2L flying boat of the type which pioneered forestry flights in Canada in 1919. The completed aircraft will be displayed alongside the remains of HS-2L G-CAAC “La Vigilance”.
The variable-geometry remote-piloted, research vehicle (RPRV) is being used by Nasa to investigate oblique-wing aerodynamics.
The prototype Scottish Aviation Bullfinch, G-BDOG, the civil variant of the Bulldog 200, which first flew on August 20, 1976.