Auster D-series (Beagle Husky)
Варианты:
Auster - D-series - 1959 - Великобритания
Страна: Великобритания
Год: 1959


Трехместный многоцелевой самолет
Описание:
Beagle А.113 Husky
Jane's Encyclopedia of Aviation
Фотографии

Beagle А.113 Husky

Beagle А.113 Husky появился в мае 1963 года как усовершенствованный многоцелевой вариант самолета Auster D.5/180. Несмотря на то, что фирма "Beagle" дала ему название Husky, самолет часто упоминался под обозначением Beagle D.5/180 на том основании, что был оснащен двигателем Avco Lycoming O-360-A2A мощностью 180 л.с.
  Первый самолет разбился во время показа представителям армии Швейцарии лыжного шасси в октябре 1963 года, но затем было построено еще 14 серийных машин. Перед появлением окончательного варианта Husky португальская компания OGMA довела пять своих самолетов D.5/160 (часть большой серийной партии лицензионных машин) до стандарта D.5/180, установив двигатель Avco Lycoming (самолет предлагался в качестве сельскохозяйственного). В Гане и Великобритании Husky использовался для буксировки планеров, один самолет подарили Учебному авиационному корпусу, где он получил обозначение XW635 Spirit of Butlins.


ТАКТИКО-ТЕХНИЧЕСКИЕ ХАРАКТЕРИСТИКИ

  Beagle A.113 Husky

  Тип: трехместный многоцелевой самолет
  Силовая установка: один четырехцилиндровый двигатель Avco Lycoming O-360-A2A мощностью 180л с. (134 кВт)
  Летные характеристики: максимальная скорость на уровне моря 201 км/ч; крейсерская скорость на оптимальной высоте 153 км/ч; начальная скороподъемность 244 м/мин; практический потолок 4420 м; дальность 933 км
  Масса: пустого 642 кг; максимальная взлетная 1089 кг
  Размеры: размах крыла 10,97 м; длина 7.06 м; высота 2.64 м; площадь крыла 17,19м2

Jane's Encyclopedia of Aviation

Auster (Beagle) D series (UK)
  It was announced in 1960 that Pressed Steel Company intended to acquire the whole share capital of Auster Aircraft. This resulted in the formation of the Beagle group, which continued production of the D.5/160 and D.5/180, the latter as the A.113 Husky when fitted with a 134 kW (180 hp) Lycoming O-360-A1A engine. Before the change-over Auster produced three versions of the D series, which had resulted from an extensive development programme of previous types. A major innovation was the use of metal wing spars which, in conjunction with new low-flammability long-weathering plastic-based butyrate dope and paint finishes, made the Ds entirely suitable for use in the tropics. The D.4 was a two-seater with either a 9.75 m (32.0 ft) or 10.98 m (36.0 ft) wing span and an 80.5, 112/119 or 134 kW (108, 150/160 or 180 hp) Lycoming engine; the D.5 was a three-seater offering the two wing spans but only the 119 and 134 kW (160 and 180 hp) engines; and the D.6 was a four-seater with the greater wing span and engines as for the D.5. The first production D.4/108 flew on 12 February 1960; the first D.5/160 on 10 January 1960; and the first D.6/160 on 9 May 1960.
The PAF Museum’s D.5/160 3548 is maintained in airworthy condition and flies frequently.
A D.5/160 outside the OGMA works. The red and white was the only colour scheme applied to Portuguese Austers, being intended for civil or military use.
Rare ‘operational’ view, D.5/150 3536 among others in Angola.
D.4 G-25-8 flew for the first time from Rearsby on February 12, 1960. It was crated to Portugal in June.
Только два самолета Husky имели официальное обозначение D.5/180 Husky, данное производителем, включая демонстрировавшийся компанией самолет с номером G-ASBV. Другой самолет был продан в Португалию.
Beagle D.5 180 (180 hp Lycoming O-360-A2A engine)
Beagle D.5/180 Husky 3/4-seat light aircraft (180 hp Lycoming O-360-A2A engine)
Late production Beagle D-5 Ser. 180 Husky: G-AWSW, c/n. 3690, parked at Rearsby 8/3/69 after its return from being raffled at a London club
Late production Beagle D-5 Ser. 180 Husky: OE-DEW, c/n. 3691, awaiting delivery to Austria at Shoreham 30/3/69
The D.5/160 saw limited production by the parent company at Rearsby. Last to be built was OE-DEW for Austria, flying for the first time in March 1969.
OGMA-built Auster D.5s CR-LOW, 'LOT, 'LFC and 'LOZ
The R.A.F.'s sole Beagle D5/180 Husky, XW635 (ex G-AWSW), operated by No. 5 A.E.F. at Cambridge
Part of an early batch of Auster D.5/160s delivered to Portugal, CS-LEB is seen shortly before departure from Rearsby for that country in early 1961.
OGMA-built Auster D.5/160 3356 showing off the attractive cowl line of the Lycoming and the transparency-covered access door.
Entered into service in 1961, some 84 OGMA/Auster D.5/160s were operated by the FAP. Aircraft serial 3556 shows the standard white-red finish.
Auster D-series training and communications aircraft produced by OGMA
The majority of Portugal’s Auster D5/160 fleet was built by OGMA and served in the country's African colonies. FAP 3564 was completed in July 1963 and served in Portuguese Guinea, but is seen at Tancos, Portugal in 1970.
Line-up of ‘The Porto Squadron’, formed with six D.5/160s - note the lack of spinners.
Auster (Beagle) D.6.
Portuguese A.F. Auster D.5/160s 3528, 3536 and 3566 and others, derelict at the former BA9 at Luanda in October 1975.
Beagle Auster D.5/160.