DH.9c, SABCA Бельгия. Этот O-BELG представлял собой DH.9, доработанный бельгийским концерном SNETA в пассажирский DH.9C с кабиной от D.H.4A и подкрыльевыми грузовыми контейнерами. В мае 1923 года самолет продали бельгийской самолетостроительной фирме SABCA ("Societes Anonyme Beige de Constructions Aeronautiques").
G-EAZH was ex-H5839, and a 1921 Airdisco conversion sold a year later to Belgium.
AN AIRCRAFT DISPOSAL D.H.9 CONVERTED FOR ALPINE TOURS: (1) The passengers' automatic luggage "lift." (2) The hinged canopy over the passengers' cockpit, giving easy access. (3) The complete (3-seater) machine. (4) The 240 h.p. Siddeley "Puma." (5) The pilot's cockpit and the two freight holds.
The D.H.9B, 230 h.p. Siddeley "Puma."
Former RAF pilot Les Ross, seen in the cockpit of D.H.9C The Lady Peggy, was one of a number of small operators working the goldfields in 1929.
Bulolo Goldfields Aeroplane Service’s D.H.9 at Wau. Ray Parer (bareheaded) stands third from left, and next to him is the other company pilot Charlie Pratt.
The Bulolo Goldfields Aeroplane Service fleet on the airstrip at Wau in 1928. The Bristol Tourer is in the foreground with the D.H.9 behind.
G-AACR was ex-H9324 (Siddeley Puma engine), converted as a three-seater by Surrey Flying Services at Croydon in 1929, and on hire to Cobham's "Flying Circus". This D.H.9 was used for Cobham's pioneer Flight Refuelling tests in the early 1930s.
CIRRUS SERVICE: Only the cynic will say that here is Capt. N. Stack carrying a spare engine in his D.H.9 in case of trouble with the other one. Actually this photograph gives an example of Cirrus Service. A Cirrus Mk. III' engine, which everyone will recognise, was urgently needed by the Blackburn Aeroplane Co., Brough, E. Yorks, so the two back seats were removed from the D.H.9 by the A.D.C. Aircraft, Ltd., to convey the engine by air, much to the mutual satisfaction of the two aviation companies.
THE "NIMBUS" IN FLIGHT: Mr. Perry flying past the A.D.C. Aircraft works at Croydon Aerodrome, on a D.H.9 fitted with the "Nimbus" engine. Inset, the machine is shown at the top of a loop. With this engine the speed of the D.H.9 3-seater is about 135 m.p.h.
SOME STARTERS IN THE KING'S CUP RACE: Hinchliffe off on the D.H.9 "Nimbus."
THE KING'S CUP: Capt. H. S. Broad, who secured third place, gets away on D.H.9c (230 Siddeley "Puma"), the machine entered by Harry Tate.
D.H. Taxiplane at Naples: This photograph was taken recently when Capt. Broad with his two passengers flew from Croydon to Sicily and back, doing 38 hours' flying in six days, in a machine which was barely finished.
THE RACE FOR THE KING'S CUP: Ten of the faster machines, arranged in the order of starting: 3, D.H.9B;
THE DE HAVILLAND AEROPLANE HIRE SERVICE: Line-up of the ten machines which at present constitute the "stable."
One of AT & T’s first aircraft, a post-war converted D.H.9B (5 October 1916).
La Rache Aerodrome, Spanish Morocco: The Air Service between Seville and La Rache is run with D.H.9c machines. Our photograph shows the arrival of the first machine after the inauguration of the service.
Гражданские DH.9. Компания QANTAS получила первые два из четырех заказанных DH.9C в ноябре 1922 года - они стали первыми кабинными самолетами, успешно работавшими на австралийских регулярных маршрутах. Последний самолет, G-AUFM (фото), несколько отличался от других машин - он имел размеры DH.9C, но компоновку DH.50 (пилот располагался в открытой кабине позади пассажирской кабины).
Showing how Manchester arrived in London: Mr. Hill (left) and Alderman R. A. W. Carter in the cabin of the D.H.9c (Puma) after it reached Croydon. The pilot is Capt. A. N. King will, and above him in the front cockpit is the Town Clerk, Mr. Warbeck Howell.
The D.H.9c, 230 h.p. Siddley "Puma."
Captain Mattel, of the French Artillery at Fez, and Mr. Cobham.
Lady Anne Savile in the cabin of her D.H.9C, piloted by Flying Officer Leslie Hamilton.
THE FIRST THREE MACHINES HOME: Barnard's D.H.4A (the winner); Raynham's Martinsyde F.6; and Cobham's D.H.9B, lined up in front of the enclosures.
THE RACE FOR THE KING'S CUP: Ten of the faster machines, arranged in the order of starting: 2, D.H.9c (230 h.p. Siddeley "Puma")
This "oil well" burned well in the "desert" of Wythenshawe, but the fire-fighters, who flew up from civilisation in the D.H.9c soon stopped the rot. This was only one of the spectacular shows staged on Saturday.
A pair of ex-military Airco D.H.9s, H9370 and F1223, were acquired by the Belgian company SHETA and fitted with cabin tops and sliding windows from the concern’s defunct D.H.4As. As D.H.9Cs they served with SHETA as O-BATA and O-BELG respectively until they were acquired by Fig Offs Nevill Vintcent and J. S. Newall in 1927 and modified by de Havilland at Stag Lane. Modifications included the fitting of nose radiators and large centre-section fuel tanks of the type fitted to the D.H.50, and a rubber-in-compression undercarriage with Dunlop car tyres. Registered G-EBUM and G-EBUN, the D.H.9Cs left Stag Lane on 9 January 1928 and arrived at Karachi on April 26, where ’UN is seen in this study. Vintcent and Newall then toured the sub-continent, carrying 5,000 passengers. In January 1929 ’UM and ’UN became VT-AAK and VT-AAI respectively on the Indian civil register.
AERIAL "TRAMPS": Wintry weather delayed the start from Stag Lane, last week, of two D.H.9 machines for the East. Piloted by F/O Newall and F/O Vintcent, respectively, the two machines will make a survey tour to Singapore, with the object of discovering and operating air routes of medium range between inaccessible but busy centres. Mrs. Wise Parker, seen in the centre of the group, has booked a trip as far as Cairo. The two engineers are Mr. Childs and Mr. King, respectively, the former being official photographer to the expedition.
"BLAZING THE TRAIL": Some photographs secured by Mr. Cobham's passenger on the 6,000 miles tour. 1. The D.H.9c at Batna. 2. Aerial view of Constantine in Algeria. 3. The machine on the natural aerodrome at Touggourt. 4. Mounting guard over the machine at Batna. 5. Sahara from above. Just beyond the wing tip may be seen Touggourt. 6. A bit of local atmosphere. The machine and a hangar (of sorts) at Biskra ("Garden of Allah").
Northern Air Lines' D.H.9 G-EBJW after a minor mishap. Formerly H9333, this D.H.9 was civil-registered in August 1924. A three-seater powered by a 300 h.p. ADC Nimbus, it ended its days with the Stag Lane-based Air Taxis Ltd, being withdrawn from use in 1928.